Just me and the snails

Went for a little run this evening, it was a little wet, a bit like running in a cloud. The humidity didn't bother me much, however it must have put a lot of people off because for the most part I was alone, well almost. The rain brought hundreds of snails out, it was really nice to be out there with them, and at least I know I can run faster than them.  I did meet one other runner and we did the usual wave of acknowledgement. I Must remember not to do this when I'm walking and I pass a runner. That would be odd. Running through the tunnel was strange today, at one point i was surrounded by blackness with only a milky pale light in the distance to give me my bearings. At the risk of sounding ridiculous it felt like I was running in space for a while. When I emerged into the daylight and saw the St Vitus cathedral in the distance, shrouded by mist... It was a really special moment. It was a good jog this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment